Mary, Once again you have added more great poems! Very descriptive and detailed with great pictures for those of us who need/like visuals!!! Besides writing poetry, what other types of writing do you enjoy?
Hi Stacy, Thanks for the kind words. I would actually rather write for my discipline as I feel I know about it. Historical topics are definitely my preferred subject matter. I especially like American history. I am fascinated by the social dynamic of the colonial period, particularly slavery and family life. I would love to be able to write a story based on actual historical events but I fear I am not that creative. Maybe someday. :)
You have the most amazing vocabulary! I also enjoy the colonial period in American history. In my third grade class we would "recreate" known poems by changing some of the words. Maybe you should try your hand at some form of Yankee Doodle!
Great picture and poem. You described the praying mantis perfectly. With all of the great poetry you have written in your blogs it may be interesting to combine them. Many of the poems involve nature so that may be a good topic to use.
I like to challenge my students to think like historians. My goal is help them understand how historical events are relevant to their life today. My courses require a high level of engagement -- in-class and online participation are the keys to success in APUSH.
Mary,
ReplyDeleteOnce again you have added more great poems! Very descriptive and detailed with great pictures for those of us who need/like visuals!!! Besides writing poetry, what other types of writing do you enjoy?
Hi Stacy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words. I would actually rather write for my discipline as I feel I know about it. Historical topics are definitely my preferred subject matter. I especially like American history. I am fascinated by the social dynamic of the colonial period, particularly slavery and family life. I would love to be able to write a story based on actual historical events but I fear I am not that creative. Maybe someday. :)
Mary!
ReplyDeleteYou have the most amazing vocabulary! I also enjoy the colonial period in American history. In my third grade class we would "recreate" known poems by changing some of the words. Maybe you should try your hand at some form of Yankee Doodle!
Hi Mary,
ReplyDeleteGreat picture and poem. You described the praying mantis perfectly. With all of the great poetry you have written in your blogs it may be interesting to combine them. Many of the poems involve nature so that may be a good topic to use.
Love it! Keep going! I'm serious - you could turn this into a book.
ReplyDeleteThe language combines technical and laymen terms. Combined, it is easy to determine meaning - and the picture is fabulous.